You want a problem-free installation and, to help ensure it, here’s a checklist of things to do before we arrive for installation.
- Remove your existing flooring, or have the installer do it.
- Your furniture will need to be moved too.
- Remove all fragile items from the room, and don’t leave anything—such as drapery or plants—hanging over the installation area.
- Measure door clearances before you have your tile installed. If the new floor is thicker than your existing floor, door bottoms may scrape. Plan in advance to have someone shave or saw the correct amount off the bottom of each door so it does not scratch against the new floor.
- If you’re planning to paint, wallpaper, or do any other remodeling in the room, it’s best to do it before your tile is installed. Keep extra paint to touch up any post-installation nicks.
During & After Installation
On the day of the installation, be prepared to be home to meet the installers and direct them to the work area. You should also plan on being available during the installation in case the team has any questions.
Once the installation begins, make sure children and pets are kept away from the work area. Our installers use a variety of tools and techniques that can make the work area hazardous.
When the installation is complete, you should do a thorough walk-through. This will allow you to see the final results and ask any additional questions. We want you to be 100 percent satisfied with your new tile floor!